WSET Spirits Courses in London
WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits
(9am-6pm on consecutive days)
£450 per person
At 58 and Co. we firmly believe that education plays a key role in connecting people to what they drink; engaging them with the story and the processes behind every sip and elevating the overall drinking experience.
WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits London
The WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits is a comprehensive course that provides 15 hours of tutored learning over two consecutive days (9am-6pm each day), with an additional 11 hours of recommended private study in advance. This qualification is perfect for those who want to build on their existing knowledge gained from the WSET Level 1 Award in Spirits and gain a deeper understanding of different styles of spirits.
- Taste and describe spirits using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Spirits ® (SAT)
- State the techniques used during each stage of spirits production: processing the raw material, alcoholic fermentation; distillation; and post-distillation operations
- Understand how techniques used during each stage of production determine the style and flavour of a spirit
- State how aromatised wines are made
- State different ways of mixing spirits in balanced cocktails
- The final assessment for this course is a 60-minute closed-book exam consisting of 50 multiple-choice questions.
- This qualification is regulated by Ofqual.
- There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, but all attendees must be over the age of 18 and a good level of verbal and written English is expected.
Take your spirits knowledge to the next level with the WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits. Book your place now and enhance your expertise in the spirits industry.
For more information and full details on the course requirements, please download the Specification below.
Specification | WSET Level 2 Award in Spirits